Baked Panko Crusted Chicken Tenders
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or breast tenders
- 1-1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with foil and lightly spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or shallow dish, season the flour with salt and black pepper.
- Lightly beat the eggs in another shallow dish.
- In a third shallow dish, combine panko breadcrumbs with oregano, garlic, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- If using chicken breasts, prepare by putting one breast in between two layers of plastic wrap. Pound to an even thickness of approximately ½″. Remove plastic and slice into strips.
- Dredge tenders in the flour to coat, shaking off any excess flour.
- Dip the floured chicken tenders into the egg and then coat the chicken tenders with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining strips.
- Bake chicken tenders for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown, flipping once part way through the cook time.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce such as barbeque, ranch, honey mustard, basil aioli, or other.