Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 to 3 cups flour (mostly likely 3)
- Preheat oven to 475.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, mix the water, honey, oil, yeast and salt.
- Add the flour gradually until a soft dough forms and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The exact flour amount will vary so go by the touch and feel of the dough versus the exact cup measurements in the recipe. The dough should be soft and smooth (not leaving a residue on your fingers but not super stiff, either).
- Knead the dough for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Let the dough rest, covered, for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Shape the dough into desired pizza shapes and sizes.
- Pre-bake the crust until very lightly toasted on the top, time depends on your oven and temp so watch carefully.
- Remove from oven and spread with sauce and toppings.
- Bake at 475 or 500 degrees on a preheated pizza stone or on a lightly greased baking sheet for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove when cheese looks as melted or toasted as you like.