Build Over Agreement Thames Water

We may need to carry out additional studies for sewers with a diameter greater than 375 mm. This may delay authorization. Learn more about the process. Thames Water Build Over agreements require that different information be provided prior to construction to a Thames water engineer. A Thames Water Build Over agreement is required for all excavation work within a 3-metre radius of a public sewer or flow. Given the density of construction in London and other cities, this likely means that any work you want to do on your land, including excavations, will likely require Verification and agreement from Thames Water. We need to know the construction work that is completed or near a public sewer for: The first point to remember is that a build-over agreement only applies to public sewers and sewers. If you are building on top of or near a domestic sewer with a diameter of less than or 160 mm and you can prove that your plans pose a low risk to the pipe, we may be able to grant a self-certified construction agreement. “Mapped” public sewers are those that appear on the map of public sewers maintained by your local water and sanitation company that you can visit and inspect.

You can also speak with a real estate search provider, including our property search team, to order an “asset search” for your property. There is a fee for making this available. You do not need our permission if you are building outside of these distances. We are happy to review your plans and give you written confirmation if you are unsure. Read more details. If you are not able to answer with certainty any of the questions in our online questionnaire or the questions above or if you know that you are not qualifying, you need an approved build-over agreement. For sewers with a diameter greater than 160 mm, you must inform us once the work is completed, so that we can order a CCTV study after construction to check the condition of the sewers. We will check the CCTV investigative material before granting permission.

To find out whether or not you are eligible for a self-certified agreement, complete the questionnaire on the Thames Water Build Over website (link above). Or ask us! If your answers meet our needs, we will send you an agreement. If this is not the case, we will forward you to request an authorized build-over agreement for which you will have to pay. There is a discount for online payment. It`s best to know where the pipes are when designing the building to avoid delays and additional costs. Don`t worry if you`re not sure how to do it – we`re here to help. If you are building within three metres of a public sewer or one metre of a public side cub view, you will need our permission before starting work. Download our brochure to learn more about building a sewer. If we grant you a self-certified build-over agreement, you can start the work immediately, as long as it is described. Don`t worry, just fill in as many details of the app as possible, even if they are very simple.

Your client or architect should be able to help you. If you have requested a full build-over agreement, we will contact you within 21 days of your application. We will discuss your proposal with you, including any details that may need to be changed. We recommend diverting the pipes around any proposed buildings or extensions….