Fresh Simple Salsa
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- ½ small jalapeño chile or ½ chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- ¼ small red onion, peeled and root end removed
- 3 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ tsp table salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 small tomatoes (about ¾ pound), ripe, cut into eighths, or one (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Pulse all ingredients except tomatoes in food processor until minced, about five 1-second pulses, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add tomatoes and pulse until roughly chopped, about two 1-second pulses.