Pumpkin Pie Bites
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 2 Homemade Dough Crusts or store bought pie crust (store bought already comes with 2 per package)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumkin pie filling)
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 large Eggs (one is for the egg wash)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Optional Topping: whipped cream, cool whip, etc.
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Gently roll out your homemade pie dough on to a floured surface with a rolling pin. If you're using store bought crust, gently unroll onto the surface - no rolling pin required.
- Using a 2" cookie cutter, cut 24 rounds out of your dough.
- Using your fingers, gently transfer the cut dough to the mini muffin tin and gently press into shape.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and beat with 1 tablespoon of water to create an egg wash. Brush the egg wash onto the top of each pie crust. Set aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Add one egg and beat until combined followed by the second egg.
- Add the pumpkin puree and beat to combine.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of pumpkin batter into each mini pie crust. It should be about 80% filled.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and cool for about 30 minutes prior to topping.
- Top with whipped cream, cool whip or marshmallow cream followed by an extra pinch of pumpkin pie spice.