Spicy Linguini with Sausage and Roasted Red Peppers
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 14 oz hot Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 12 oz jar roasted peppers in water, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1½ cups crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 9 oz linguini
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the sausage until browned and cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain oil as desired and set aside.
- Add the oil, onions, roasted peppers, garlic and kosher salt and black pepper to the skillet and cook until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth and return the sausage to the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions.
- Drain and toss with the sauce and Pecorino cheese, cooking and stirring about 2 minutes on low to combine flavors.
- Finish with chopped parsley and serve with more cheese on the side, if desired.