This inspired by a skinnytaste.com recipe, but I adjust for using bit more garlic as listed in the recipe below.
Creamy Asparagus and Leek Soup
Author: Christopher Kosovich
Serves: 5 servings or 7⅓ cups
- 2 lbs asparagus (approximately 2 bunches) with tough ends snapped off
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 leeks, white and pale green only, halved lengthwise, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Creme Fraiche or Greek Yogurt
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- thinly sliced chives for garnish
- In a large heavy pot, melt better over medium-low heat.
- Add leeks and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the leeks are soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Chop the asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Add to the pot with the leeks.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook about 20-25 minutes or until asparagus is very tender.
- Remove from heat and puree until smooth with an immersion blender.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, divide soup into bowls and spoon in 1 teaspoon Creme Fraiche or Greek Yogurt.
- Top with chives for garnish.
Serving size: about 1½ cups Calories: 141 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 20 g Sugar: 4 g Sodium: 476 mg Fiber: 5 g Protein: 7 g Cholesterol: 14 mg