A great creamy puree of tomatillos, avocado, cilantro and jalapenos as a topping for tacos inspired by some of my favorite chefs.
Tomatillo and Avocado Sauce
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 8 ounces tomatillos, husks and stems removed, rinsed well and dried and cut in to 1-inch pieces.
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1-2 jalapeño chiles, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Process all ingredients in food processor until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer to serving bowl.