Moroccan Spiced Roast Potatoes
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 2 lbs potatoes, suitable for roasting
- 4 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper (not ground)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Mince/crush the garlic and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the other spice paste ingredients and mix.
- Cover and leave for at least an hour before using, for the flavors to blend.
- After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 300°F or 150°C (this is the temperature I use although my oven is fan-assisted so if yours is not, you may wish to use a slightly higher temperature).
- Peel and quarter the potatoes (cut larger potatoes into smaller chunks).
- Simmer them in a pan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and gently shake them in the pan to roughen the edges (this produces crispy roasties!).
- Put the potatoes in a roasting tray. Add the spice paste and toss to coat the potatoes completely.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until done, turning halfway through cooking.
- Serve hot.