Ted's Tasty Shrimp
This is a recipe first published in the Penzy's spice company catalog and adapted slightly here.
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tsp. PENZEYS SATE SEASONING, divided
- 4-6 medium cloves garlic, minced (1-11/2 tsp. PENZEYS MINCED GARLIC rehydrated in 1 TB. water)
- 2 TB. oil (Ted uses canola oil)
- 4 oz. dry pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1.5 tsp. PENZEYS MINCED GARLIC
- 1-2 TB. olive oil or pan drippings or butter
- ½ tsp. BASIL or OREGANO
- ½ Cup chopped tomatoes
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of the SATE SEASONING and stir. Repeat twice with the remaining SATE to coat the shrimp thoroughly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until pink.
- For the pasta:
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Mix PENZEYS MINCED GARLIC with oil/drippings/butter, let stand while pasta is cooking.
- Drain hot pasta.
- Quickly toss with oil and GARLIC mix, crumble on BASIL/OREGANO, stir in the tomatoes.
- Add shrimp.