Five Minute Chocolate Cake
This is an interesting little cake. Sure, you might be able to bake a better cake with other means, but for a few minutes and few ingredients this one is fun.
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp whisked egg - 1 egg is too much, 1 egg white is too eggy, 1 yolk is too dense, but 2 tblsp is just right!
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- splash vanilla or other flavoring - try peppermint or cinnamon
- Optional: For a fudgier version, omit egg
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the mug and mix.
- Add the egg and combine well. It gets pretty pasty at the point.
- Stir in milk and oil.
- Add chocolate chips* and splash of vanilla. Stir well.
- Microwave for 3 minutes in a 1000w oven, or 4 minutes in a 700w oven. It will start to crown over the top of the mug. Don't panic! It will collapse once the heat stops.
- Note: Cooking time may vary depending on the power of the microwave oven.