Dipping fresh, warm chips into salsa is easier that you might think. This is also a great way to make a small portion of chips so that a giant bag of chips from the store doesn’t go stale before using them.
Baked Tortilla Chips
Author: Christopher Kosovich
Serves: 4 to 6
- Twelve 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Fine salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of the tortillas with oil.
- Stack the tortillas and cut the pile into eighths to make triangle shapes.
- Spread the chips out in a single layer on two large baking sheets covered in parchment paper.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, rotating baking sheets once, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Taco seasoning can also be sprinkled on the chips to add unique flavors to the chips.