Spinach Pesto Lasagna
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 10-oz packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 7-oz package prepared pesto
- 4 cups bottled chunky pasta sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles from one 8-ounce package
- 2 cups grated Fontina cheese
- Blend ricotta and Parmesan in medium bowl.
- Season cheeses with salt and pepper; stir in egg.
- Blend spinach and pesto in another medium bowl.
- Brush 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with oil.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in prepared dish.
- Arrange 3 noodles side by side atop sauce.
- Spread 1¼ cups ricotta cheese mixture over in thin layer.
- Drop ⅓ of spinach mixture over by spoonfuls.
- Repeat layering with sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and spinach mixture 2 more times.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and 1 cup sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover lasagna with foil.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with Fontina cheese.
- Bake lasagna until heated through, sauce bubbles and cheese on top is melted, about 15 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes.