A delicious side item with solid garlic flavor.
Course Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes with Garlic and Olive Oil
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 2 pounds medium-size unpeeled Yukon Gold potatoes, each cut into wedges
- 6 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled, halved
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Boil potato wedges until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 5 tablespoons oil in large skillet over low heat.
- Add garlic; sauté until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add potatoes and thyme to skillet. Mash coarsely.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl, drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and serve.