This is a great dinner recipe inspired by Sara Moulton. I have added more garlic than the original recipe.
Fresh Fettuccine with Pulled Rotissiere Chicken, Pesto, and Roasted Peppers
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- ⅔ cup basil pesto
- 9-oz package fresh fettuccine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups pulled cooked rotissiere chicken meat
- 2 cups sliced roasted red bell peppers
- ½ cup pitted olives, halved lengthwise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan, plus more for the table
- Put the pesto in a large bowl.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and reserve ⅓ cup of the pasta water.
- Whisk the pasta water into the pesto.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until soft and fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken, peppers, and olives and cook, stirring until hot, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and cheese to the pesto and toss to combine.
- Add the chicken mixture and combine.
- Divide the pasta among 4 bowls and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle parmesan, freshly ground black pepper to taste.