This is a great snack on the backpacking hiking trails or at home. Requires a food dehydrator.
Texas Chili Peanuts
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 1 16-oz jar dry-roasted, unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup Tabasco sauce
- 1-1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place peanuts in a 9" square pan.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over peanuts.
- Let peanuts sit at room temperature overnight.
- Drain liquid from peanuts and place on peanuts on dehydrator tray.
- Dry at 145º F. for 3 to 5 hours or until peanuts are crunchy.
- Store in an air-tight container