This is a soup that carries all the creamy goodness that one would expect to find inside a traditional chicken pot pie, but in soup format.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fat free milk
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz. sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 chicken boullions
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 10 oz. frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed into ½ inch sizes
- 16 oz. cooked chicken breast, diced small
- Salt to taste
- Combine ½ cup of cold water with flour to create a slurry mixture in a bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Pour remaining water and milk into a large pot and slowly bring to a boil.
- Add celery, onion, mushrooms, chicken bouillon, thyme, fresh pepper, frozen vegetables and return to boil.
- Cover partially and simmer on low until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, add potatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, and slowly whisk in the slurry mixture, stirring well as you add.
- Cook another 3-5 minutes, until soup thickens.
- Adjust with salt and pepper to taste, serve.