Greek Baked Fish
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 4 pieces white fish, such as cod, haddock or pollack
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed, coarsely torn breadcrumbs or chopped peasant-style bread
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- A generous handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, patted dry and chopped
- 1 small fresh chili pepper, seeded and very finely chopped
- A handful of pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ medium large red onion, finely chopped
- About ⅓-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup Greek feta, drained and crumbled
- Lemon wedges
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly dress fish with EVOO; season with salt and pepper and arrange in a glass baking dish.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, garlic, oregano, parsley, red pepper, chili, olives and onions in a bowl and dress with just enough EVOO to lightly coat.
- Arrange the topping all over the top of the fish and around the dish.
- Scatter the feta around and over the bread layer.
- Bake the fish for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges on side.