I have been making shredded pork tacos for years now and I find these pickled onions are a great complement to taste and texture of those tacos.
These pickled onions are a great topping on tacos to add a crisp texture and bright flavor to savory dish.
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix vinegar with sugar and salt in a small bowl
- Add red pepper flakes and oregano
- Add red onion sliced as thinly as possible to the mix
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably overnight