Cheesy Cauliflower Patties
This is a great recipe that was modified by Candy Barnes. Thanks for sharing your version!
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 1 head cauliflower...(a large head may need following ingredients adjusted)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ c panko
- ½ t cayenne pepper or black pepper (more of less to taste)
- olive oil or coconut oil or mixture
- Cut cauliflower into florets & cook in boiling water until tender about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Mash the cauliflower while still warm.
- Stir cheese, eggs, panko, cayenne & salt to taste.
- Add enough flour to help bind the patties.
- Dredge patties in flour lightly to add crispness.
- Coat the bottom of a griddle or skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Form the cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across.
- Cook until golden brown & set, about 3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Keep each batch warm in the oven while you cook the rest.