Greek Turkey Meatballs
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 1.25 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup zucchini, grated and liquid squeezed out
- 2 sliced whole wheat bread (I used Weight Watchers)
- ¼ cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- ¼ red onion, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped (less if using dry)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh spearmint, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- about 1 tsp worth of olive oil cooking spray
- Wet bread with water, squeezing excess out.
- Tear into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Combine with turkey, egg, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, mint, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, form each meatball ¼ cup in size. For best results, refrigerate before cooking to help hold their shape.
- In a pan: spray olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan and cook over low heat.
- On the grill: clean grill well before cooking and spray grate with oil. Cook on low until cooked through.
- Makes about 17 meatballs.