Serbian Style Green Beans
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of green beans or 1pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 large chopped onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can stewed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- In large skillet or sauce pan, saute onions in oil until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add remainder of ingredients, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 45 minutes or until vegetables are cooked, adding water if necessary during the cooking process.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.