Blackened Tilapia Sandwich
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- ¼ cup sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp ground thyme
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 (10-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 4 Kaiser buns, split, buttered and toasted
- Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise, recipe available at http://www.chris.kosovich.com
- Store-bought salsa
- In a shallow dish, combine first 6 ingredients.
- Pour melted butter into another shallow dish. Dip fish fillets in melted butter and coat with seasoning mixture.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook prepared fish, in batches if necessary, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Spread Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise evenly over toasted buns. Place blackened fish on bottom half of bun, top with salsa, and cover with top half of bun.