Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 16 oz skinless chicken breast, fat trimmed
- garlic powder
- salt and fresh pepper
- cooking spray
- ½ small onion, cut into strips
- 1 bell pepper (red or green) cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1-1/3 cup Weight Watchers Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup avocado-mango salsa
- 8 flour tortillas
- Slice chicken breast in half so you have 4 cutlets. Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and garlic powder.
- Lightly spray a skillet on medium heat with oil or if using a grill, grill chicken until cooked on both sides. Remove from heat and cut chicken into strips, set aside.
- To the skillet, add 1 tbsp oil and cook onions and peppers, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook about 2 minutes, add garlic and continue cooking until vegetables are soft being careful not to burn the garlic. When cooked, set aside.
- Heat skillet on medium heat and lightly spray with oil. Add tortilla, top with cheese, chicken, onions, peppers, and pico de gallo or avocado-mango salsa. Top with the other tortilla. Cheese should be melted and the bottom of the tortilla should be golden brown.
- Put a plate on top of the quesadilla to flip it over onto the plate. Then slide the other side onto the skillet.
- Cook another minute and remove with a spatula.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream if you wish.