Spicy Green Beans
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ lb green beans, ends trimmed, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- Lemon zest (if desired)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the green beans and set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil to a frying pan on medium heat.
- Once it’s hot, add the green beans, let them cook undisturbed for about 1 minute.
- Mix the garlic, soy sauce, and chili flakes in a bowl (and the ginger and lemon juice, if using).
- Pour the sauce into the pan and toss gently to coat.
- Cook another 2 minutes, until everything is fragrant and most of the liquid is gone.
- If fork goes through easily through green beans they’re done.
- Transfer to bowl, sprinkle with lemon zest and Kosher salt if desired and serve.
Scramble an egg and pour over green beans when done in the pan and mix together until egg is done. Then, scoop onto warmed tortilla shells and sprinkle with crumbly queso fresco and top with Tomatillo Salsa Verde (http://chris.kosovich.com/tomatillo-salsa-verde/) as a quick, light meal.