Inspired by my favorite test kitchen.
Tuna Salad Classic
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 2 (6-ounce) cans solid white tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small rib celery, minced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or pressed through garlic press (about ⅛ teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Drain tuna in a strainer or a colander and shred until there are no clumps and the texture is fine and even.
- Transfer tuna to medium size bowl and blend evenly with lemon juice, salt, pepper, celery, onion, pickles, garlic, and parsley.
- Fold in mayonnaise and Dijon mustard with the mixture to evenly moisten the tuna.
Can be covered and refrigerated up to 3 days.