These are really simple, buttery croutons that can be added to soups or salads.
Buttery Croutons inspired by America's Test Kitchen
This is a quick and easy way to enhance the experience of a simple soup or salad.
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 slices hearty white sandwich bread, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Heat butter and oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- When butter has melted, add bread cubes and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer croutons to paper towel-lined plate and season with salt to taste.