Cheesy garlic mashed potato muffins
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 2.5 to 3 cups of freshly made or leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives or scallions, divided
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Grease a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray. I use a 24 count mini-muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed potatoes, egg, ¾ cup cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons chopped chives or scallions.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, divide potato mixture evenly into prepared muffin pan, packing potatoes down into each cup.
- Bake muffins for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown and crisp around the edges.
- Remove muffins from the oven, top them with the remaining ¼ cup cheddar cheese and return to the oven for a few more minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove muffins from the oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to serving dish, top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped chives or scallions.
- Serve immediately, they are best when hot out of the oven.