Grilled herb potatoes wrapped in foil
Author: Christopher Kosovich
- 16 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 2 inches in diameter), halved
- 3 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 unpeeled large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch.
- Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons coarse salt.
- Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Cook potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Return to saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients to potatoes; toss to coat. Cool.
- Arrange four 12-inch squares aluminum foil on work surface.
- Divide potato mixture among foil squares and place 1 garlic clove atop potatoes on each square.
- Crimp to seal.
- Store packets at room temperature up to 2 hours or in refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Place potato packets on grill and cook until heated through and sizzling, turning occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer packets to serving plate and pierce foil with grill fork to release steam.
- Open packets carefully (hot steam will be released).